Why is Parental Engagement so important to us here at Windmill Church of England Primary School?
Here at Windmill Church of England Primary School we know that all children need to be guided by their parents, and just occasionally parents need some guidance on how they can help their children achieve their full potential. Therefore we try to make sure our parents are well informed at all times on the things that matter.
We aim to ensure that all our parents have access to:
- Fortnightly Newsletters to inform of events taking place in each year group and across the school in general.
- Half termly report cards to communicate with parents.
- Termly Parent Meetings to discuss the progress of their child.
- Half Termly workshops within each year group to make sure our parents are shown first-hand the skills we need them to know, and how we teach these skills in school to maximise the learning for your child.
- School assemblies to come in and see their children explain what they have been learning about across a half term.
- Their child’s teacher at the beginning and end of the school day to make sure every child knows that we are working together for their welfare and progress.
We want every one of our parents to know that their child is important to us here at Windmill Church of England Primary School, and no concern is too small. Only then can we continue to nurture the environment in which every child can flourish within our school.
Without the support of our parents this school could not be the exciting and welcoming place that supports every aspect of our greatest resource, your child’s development. The more involved and skilled our parents are in understanding how we educate a child the more succesful they will be. We want to help in any way we can to support your child's development, the stronger our partnership, the stronger we will grow as a school and a community.