In Case of Snow
With forecasts of snow in the coming weeks please read the information below to see how we will communicate with you about any decisions to close or delay opening. When making a decision about the safety of school during poor weather there are a number of issues that have to be considered:
- The condition of the site – is it safe for pupils to move around the school? It is a difficult decision to make and parents will appreciate the dilemma between giving everyone sufficient notice of closure and trying to guess what road and weather conditions will be as children are coming to and leaving school.
Most of our staff live some way from school, some a considerable distance from Birstall. We have to be confident that there will be sufficient staff able to get here in order to teach the pupils. I have to ensure a safe level of supervision.
We may decide to open school but with a delayed start to allow everyone to get to school safely and after the rush hour. In more severe circumstances we may have to close the school.
It is very important that we have your up to date contact details.
Please send any changes to: email@example.com
Any decision to delay opening or close the school will be communicated to parents via text message and the school's website. You can also keep up to date on the local authority's webpage:
Please be assured that we will only close school in exceptional circumstances when the safety of children or staff is compromised. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.
Mr T Scargill